I have only really shown my blog to a few people. What did I think was going to happen, those people would magically send my blog to others? My first mistake was not sharing.
My second mistake was not defining my audience. Today a fellow counselor asked me "who are you writing to"? Good question. My first blog entry did not target any specific group. I wrote about how, "we, as counselors, need to step in" and spoke of how I wanted to share this blog with members of the American School Counselors Association to gain insight. I also explained that I wanted to use this blog to share my thoughts with other educators, specifically with those who work at my high school. Lastly, I stated that in the future, my goal is to reach out to students and parents to help ease their college planning stresses. New bloggers mistakes #3...four audiences can give you a headache.
My remedy. My newly defined audience.
For now I would like to use my blog as a testament to what I have learned during my first year and so on of counseling, witha focus on technology. I really hope that the blog will inspire others, but my ultimate goal is to use this year to discover the web's possibilities and test the wiki-waters.
Back soon,
Blaise

i found your post from google, and it is very nice post you have made here. very easy to learn from anyone else's experience. - Bodrum Property
ReplyDelete